Terms of Service
In addition, certain areas of the Service may be subject to additional Terms of Service that we make available for your review. By using such areas, or any part thereof, you are expressly indicating that you have read and agree to be bound by the additional Terms of Service applicable to such areas. In the event that any of the additional Terms of Service governing such area conflict with these Terms, the additional terms will control.
PLEASE READ THE BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION OF THESE TERMS. IT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION, ARBITRATION PROVISIONS AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS. YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR PLATFORM, OR USE OUR PRODUCTS IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES IN GENERAL ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE CONTENT AND THE SELFKAIRE PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL TREATMENT, ADVICE OR DIAGNOSIS AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS SUCH. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE HEARD OR READ IN OUR SERVICE. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
Eligibility for Our Service and Products
By using our Services and products, you represent and warrant that you have attained the age of majority where you reside (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts including this Agreement.
Description of Service and Products
- Selfkaire produces and distributes self-use manual massage products to ease and condition muscle soreness and aid recovery, reduce stiffness and pain before and after workouts, exercise, running and training. Our products are only intended for personal self-use by healthy individuals. PLEASE REVIEW OUR WARNINGS SECTION 3 AND OUR RELEASE SECTION 27 BEFORE USING OUR PRODUCTS.
- Any modifications and new features added to the Service or products are also subject to this Agreement.
- All content and information presented by Selfkaire is intended to be used for personal, educational or informational purposes only. The statements and products sold through Selfkaire are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.
- Selfkaire reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service, products or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service, products and their components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to Selfkaire.
Warnings: The statements made about Selfkaire products in our Content and our Services have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or any other government agency. All products should be used strictly in accordance with their instructions, guidelines and precautions. Our content and the Selfkaire products are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical treatment, advice or diagnosis and should not be considered as such. Selfkaire products are self-use manual massage products intended for use by individuals in good health.
DO NOT USE SELFKAIRE PRODUCTS UNDER THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES OR CONDITIONS:
- If you have a pacemaker, defibrillator, insulin pump, or any other implanted electro-medical device;
- If you have received a localized cortisone injection within the past 2 weeks over the same area. Discontinue use if you have pain, nausea, or dizziness.
- If you are bruised or have wounds, rashes, or severe sunburn;
- If you wish to avoid light bruising that may result from the use of the product;
- If you are pregnant;
- If you were recently involved in an accident or injury;
- If you have a history of deep vein thrombosis or currently have blood clots;
- If you are using blood thinning medication or have recently done so;
- If you have circulatory system issues (high blood pressure, low blood pressure, varicose veins, or stroke)
- On the carotid artery located on both sides of the neck;
- If you have musculoskeletal system conditions (carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis);
- If you have Lymph/immune system issues (chronic fatigue or HIV/AIDS);
- If you have nervous system conditions (herpes or Parkinson's disease);
Accounts and Registration
- To access some features of the Service, you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, method of payments, phone number or other personal information). Some of this information may be of a confidential nature and may include personal identifying information (all "Your Information").
- If you provide Your Information to us then you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information, and not to misrepresent your identity. You also agree to keep Your Information current and to update Your Information if any of Your Information changes.
- Keep Your Password Secure. If you have been issued an account by Selfkaire in connection with your use of the Services, you are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access that account, even if you authorize other parties in your organization to access your account. You, and not Selfkaire, are responsible for any activity occurring in your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account, you should notify Selfkaire immediately.
- Keep Your Details Accurate. Selfkaire may send notices to the email address or text messages to your mobile phone registered with your account. You must keep your email address, mobile phone number and, where applicable, your contact details and payment details associated with your account current and accurate.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Service, any user account or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- You can cancel your account at anytime. Upon termination or cancellation, all licenses and other rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
- We reserve the right to refuse to issue an account to anyone or permit access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Prices, Sales and Availability
- All prices displayed in our Services are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.
- All applicable taxes, duties, tariffs and other charges are additional and your responsibility.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change prices at any time and without notice.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
- We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products that we offer for sale.
- All descriptions of products are subject to change at any time without notice and we reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time.
- Any offer for any product made on this Website is void where prohibited.
- By providing Selfkaire with your method of payment information (credit card, debit card, Apple Pay or PayPal), you authorize us to charge you for purchases using the secure third-party payment processor we make available to you. Our payment gateway partners use secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
- You must keep all information about your payment method current.
- You agree that we may charge you, and you will pay to Selfkaire, any fee or penalty that is assessed or charged to us for a "Chargeback" resulting from a failure or refusal of your selected method of payment to make a required payment. This payment shall be refunded to you in the event that your selected method of payment resolves this dispute in your favor.
- Please consult the product listing details or your checkout cart for shipping method and costs. Once your order has shipped, we will send you a shipment confirmation. Any shipping or delivery dates provided will be estimates only.
- When you receive your shipment, please inspect all packages for items or any applicable accessories for the product(s) ordered. Please be sure to save the box, the outer shipping carton (when applicable) and all packing material, in the unlikely event that you'll need it for a return shipment.
- If you require any assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Return and Refund
- All orders from Selfkaire are eligible for our 60-day return/refund policy. You may return any item you purchased from us for any reason, within 60 calendar days of your shipping date, subject to the terms below. We will gladly exchange your product (subject to availability) or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise; whichever you prefer.
- A return authorization is required for any exchange or refund. Any product shipped to us without a return authorization is not eligible for our refund policy and will be returned to the customer at his or her expense.
- To initiate a return, please contact us at email@example.com. A return authorization number (RA Number) and return instructions will be provided to you by our customer support team. RA Numbers are valid for only 60 calendar days from the date of delivery. Merchandise that we receive past the return period may be refused and returned. Products must be returned with all accessories originally included with such product.
Your Access and Use of our Services
- The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (i) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services; (ii) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services; (iii) you shall not access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive Service; and (iv) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services shall be subject to these Terms.
- Furthermore, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor our Services or any portion of our Services or for any other purpose, without our prior written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your personal information) from our Services without our prior written permission and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services or any activities conducted on our Services; (iv) bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our Services, or (v) interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from our Services.
- Our Services may now, or in the future, have "publicly accessible areas" that allow users to post User Content (hereafter defined) that will be accessible by the public or the user population generally. As a user of the Services, you acknowledge and affirmatively agree that in the course of using the Services you may be exposed to User Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate. You further agree that Selfkaire shall not, under any circumstances, be liable in any way for any User Content.
- You understand that Selfkaire may issue upgrade versions of any mobile App and you consent to receiving automatic upgrades on your mobile device. You also acknowledge and agree that standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the Service including, without limitation, text messages.
- You shall not use any communication systems provided on our Services including, without limitation email, for any commercial or solicitation purposes. You shall not solicit for commercial purposes any users of our Services without our prior written permission.
- You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your purchases or use of the Services.
Suspension and Termination of Services
- Selfkaire may also suspend providing the Services to you if we are investigating suspected misconduct by you. Selfkaire will use commercially reasonable efforts to narrow the scope and duration of any limitation or suspension under this Section as is needed to resolve the issue that prompted such action.
- Users who have been terminated or suspended will not be eligible for a refund of any kind for the termination or the period of suspension.
- We attempt to ensure that information on this Service is complete, accurate and current. Despite our best efforts, the information on our Service may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currency of any information on the Service or description of products.
- Furthermore, information on the Service may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. We reserve the right to correct or make changes in such information without notice and cancel orders placed for products or services listed incorrectly or at the wrong price.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear on our Service. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
- As between Selfkaire and you, Selfkaire or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Service in accordance with these Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Service is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by Selfkaire.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Our names, graphics, videos, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are our trademarks or trade dress in the United States and/or other countries (collectively the "Proprietary Marks"), and are owned by Selfkaire. You may not use the Proprietary Marks without our prior written permission.
- We make no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on our Services. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are property of their respective owners.
- The information, content, documentation, guides, descriptions, advice, data, software and any other content viewable on, contained in, or downloadable from our Services (collectively, "Our Content"), including, without limitation, all audio files, text, graphics, charts, pictures, photographs, images, videos, line art, icons and renditions, are copyrighted by, or otherwise licensed to us or Our Content suppliers.
- We also own a copyright of a collective work in the selection, coordination, arrangement, presentation, display and enhancement of Our Content (the "Collective Work").
- All software used on, or within our Services is our property or the property of our software vendors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Listening, viewing, reading, printing, downloading or otherwise using Our Content and/or the Collective Work does not entitle you to any ownership or intellectual property rights to Our Content, the Collective Work, or the Software.
- You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from your infringement of our, or any third-parties, intellectual property rights regarding the Trademarks, Our Content, the Collective Work, the Software and/or any other harm incurred by us or our affiliates as a, direct or indirect, result of your copying, distributing, redistributing, transmitting, publishing or using the same for purposes that are contrary to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Use of Our Content
- We grant you a limited license to access, print, download or otherwise make personal use of Our Content and the Collective Work for your noncommercial personal use provided, however, that you shall not delete any proprietary notices or materials with regard to the foregoing.
- You may not modify Our Content or the Collective Work or utilize them for any commercial purpose or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble Our Content and the Collective Work, or transfer Our Content or the Collective Work to another person or entity.
User Content Rights and Related Responsibilities; License
- "User Content" means, without limitation, any reviews, messages, texts, digital files, images, photos, personal profile (including your photo), artwork, videos, audio, comments, feedback, suggestions, reviews and documents, or any other content you upload, transmit or otherwise make available to Selfkaire and its users via the Services. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your User Content and agree to indemnify Selfkaire and its affiliates for all claims arising from or in connection with any claims to any rights in your User Content or any damages arising from your User Content.
- By submitting User Content on or through the Service, you grant Selfkaire a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such User Content without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, in any manner including, without limitation, for commercial, publicity, trade, promotional, or advertising purposes, and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content. You understand that your User Content may be utilized and distributed by Selfkaire in its marketing materials.
- In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to User Content, including the ability to transmit, manipulate, process, store and copy User Content in order to provide our Services. Your acceptance of this Agreement gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the Service to you.
- You agree that any User Content you submit to our Service may be viewed by other users, any person visiting or participating in the Service and by the public in general.
- Selfkaire expressly disclaims any liability for the loss or damage to any User Content or any losses or damages you incur as a result of the loss or damage of any User Content. It is your responsibility to back-up any User Content to prevent it's loss.
- You are solely responsible for your User Content, including, without limitation, reviews, comments and feedback, and any damages suffered by Selfkaire resulting therefrom.
- Selfkaire may block, remove or return any User Content at any time for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. We are not responsible for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of User Content.
- You represent and warrant that all information that you submit is authentic, accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false.
- User Content is not considered to be confidential. You agree not to submit User Content in which you have any expectation of privacy.
- Selfkaire has no control over User Content once posted, and it is possible that visitors to the Site or App may copy User Content and repost it elsewhere.
- You agree not to post as part of the Service any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material. The following includes, without limitation, examples of the things you may not do:
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Stalk, harass, defame, abuse, bully, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Advocate for or harass or intimidate another person.
- Promote information that is false or misleading.
- Promote illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote violence, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Transmit anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
- Use the service in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act.
- Transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- Transmit any content that contains video, audio, or images of another person without his or her permission or that of their legal guardian.
- Promote material that exploits people in a sexual, pornographic or violent manner.
- Provide instructional information about illegal activities.
- Infringe upon someone else's trademark, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights.
- Promote commercial activities including without limitation sales, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and business offers.
- Selfkaire does not investigate any posted user reviews, comments, suggestions or feedback for accuracy or truth. Users may be held legally responsible for damages suffered by us, other users or third parties as a result of their comments if they are legally actionable or defamatory. You agree that Selfkaire is not legally responsible for any comments posted or made available on our Services by any users or third parties, even if that information is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. Selfkaire reserves the right to remove user comments or information that, in our sole judgment, violates these Terms or negatively affects our Services or products.
Interruption of Service
- Your access and use of our Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of our Services or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any interruption of the Services or any part thereof.
Third Party Links, Services and Content
- Although we may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, we may also choose to communicate with you by electronic means including, without limitation, email, telephone, text, SMS or by posting notices on our Services. When you use our Services, you consent to communicating with us electronically.
- You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Your use of the Services includes the ability to enter into agreements, including these Terms, and to make transactions electronically, including financial transactions and purchases. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by such agreements, financial transactions and purchases.
- Your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to all transactions you enter into on this site, including purchases, financial transactions, notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications.
- In order to access and retain your electronic records, you may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are your sole responsibility.
Third Party Social Networking
- Violating the security of our Services is prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Selfkaire may investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve, and will cooperate with law, enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Security violations include, without limitation, unauthorized access to or use of data or systems including any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or to breach security or authentication measures, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic and interference with service to any user, host, or network.
Privacy and Your Personal Information
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to remove any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringe upon another person's copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, and/or terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account or ability to visit and/or use the Services or remove, edit, or disable any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringe upon another person's intellectual property rights. We provide this policy pursuant to Section 512 of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA").
- A valid complaint under the DMCA must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- Federal law provides that if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys' fees. The above information must be submitted to the Copyright Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimers; No Warranties
- All services and products available from Selfkaire are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the full extent permissible by applicable law. Selfkaire and its parents, subsidiaries, partners, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, (collectively, the “Selfkaire parties”) disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Selfkaire disclaims liability for any statements, representations, or content provided by its users in any public forum on the sites or any third-party site, including without limitation through social media and networking platforms.
- Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that (i) the services or products will meet your requirements, (ii) the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or (iii) the quality of any services, products or information purchased or obtained by you from or though us will meet your expectations.
- The services can include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information or services on this site or app may be out of date. We may make changes to the services, products and information on this site or app, including the prices and descriptions of any services or products listed herein at any time without notice, however we have no obligation to do so.
- The Selfkaire parties do not warrant that the services or the servers that make the service available will be free of viruses or other harmful components, or that any product description or other content offered as part of the services, are accurate, reliable, current or complete.
- You expressly agree that your use of the service and our products is at your sole risk. If you download any content from the service, you do so at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any content through the service.
- We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to the service or any feature or part thereof at any time.
- Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some parts of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall we be responsible to, or liable to you, or any third party, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages including, but not limited to, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages that include, but are not limited to, damages for any personal injury to you or others, or loss of profit, revenue or business, as a direct or indirect result of: (i) your access and use of our services and products; (ii) your breach or violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement; (iii) your delay in accessing or inability to access or use our services for any reason; (iv) your downloading of any of our content or the collective work for your use; or (v) your reliance upon or use of our products, content or the collective work, whether resulting in whole or in part, from breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if we and/or our suppliers had been advised of the possibility of damages.
- This limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in our services or received through any links provided in our services.
- Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation, internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of god, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
- Our liability and the liability of our affiliates, directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, shareholders, representatives, and agents arising out of this agreement shall not exceed the amounts actually paid by user in the purchase or transaction giving rise to such claim.
- You and we agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to our services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- Certain state or jurisdictional laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
- You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Service and products you purchase from us; and you further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Selfkaire and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with, (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service or the products you purchase through the Service; (ii) any death, or serious physical or serious emotional harm, to you or any third party resulting from your use of the Services or products purchased though the Service; (iii) your infringement upon the property rights, intellectual property rights (copyrights and trademarks) or other rights of others; (iv) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation publicity, confidentiality, or privacy right; (v) your violation of these Terms of Service or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation.
- We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
- By using selfkaire products and services, you agree to accept full responsibility for all results and outcomes, and you further agree to release, to the maximum extent allowed by law, selfkaire, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and agents from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of our products or services, including without limitation, any death or serious emotional or physical harm.
- If you are a California resident, you waive California civil code §1542, which says: “a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- This Agreement, and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts in the State of California in and for the County in which Selfkaire has established its principal office.
- You acknowledge that we may be irreparably damaged if this Agreement is not specifically enforced, and damages at law would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement by you, we shall be entitled, in addition to all rights and remedies, to an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach, without being required to show any actual damage or to post an injunction bond, and/or to a decree for specific performance of the provisions of this Agreement.
- For purposes of this Section, you agree that any action or proceeding with regard to such injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach shall be brought in the state courts of record or a United States District Court for the State of California in and for the County in which Selfkaire has established its principal office. You consent to the jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to the venue of any such action or proceeding in such court.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION.
THIS AGREEMENT ALSO CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE SERVICE. EACH TIME YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION AND THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
For any dispute you have with Selfkaire, you agree to first contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If Selfkaire has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy as follows:
- Claims. You and we agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to the Services will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
- Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us, except as otherwise stated in this Agreement.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we each agree that any and all disputes or claims between you and us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to our Services, or any courses or services delivered, sold, offered, or purchased through our Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OUR OTHER USERS.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual. An arbitrator should apply the terms of this Agreement as a court would. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement to Arbitrate, any part of it, or of this Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of the Agreement to Arbitrate or this Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of California, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving our other users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Judicial Forum for Legal Disputes. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that the Agreement to Arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of California in and for the County in which Selfkaire has established its principal office. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. You also agree that: (i) our Services shall be deemed solely based in the State of California; and (ii) our Services shall be deemed passive Services that do not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us and our assigns, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of California.
- Selfkaire is committed to cooperating with law enforcement while respecting each individual’s right to privacy. If Selfkaire receives a request for user account information from a government agency investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting agency.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), Selfkaire may disclose user account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. Selfkaire will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
Statutory Rights; Notice To California Residents
- If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing, currently at: 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N-112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone, currently at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding our Site or to receive further information regarding use of our Site.
Amendments to this Agreement
- We reserve the right to update, amend and/or change this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion and without notice. Updates to this Agreement will be posted here. Amendments will take effect immediately upon us posting the updated Agreement on our Services. You are encouraged to revisit this Agreement from time to time in order to review any changes that have been made. The date on which this Agreement was last updated will be noted immediately below this Agreement. Your continued access and use of our Services following the posting of any such changes shall automatically be deemed your acceptance of all changes.
- If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Agreement or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: September 15, 2018